The LEGO Zone.
The LEGO Zone.
Advanced Search
April 25, 2024, 07:56:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the News Forum for info about the Memberships Rewards Program!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Read June 29, 2008, 12:56:44 AM #0
PlasticMaster

I got a dog!!!

Well today my family and I went to the Humane society and adopted a dog. Well we haven't really got her yet but we put her on hold until tomorrow.  =D =D =D She is a 4 year old Australian cattle dog and  Catahoula Leopard dog. Her name that the shelter gave her was Carrie Anne  Don't fool me. so we are going to re=name her Cally. Here is a pic of her, more to come:

Yay!!!  =D

Now this is a story all about how my life got flip turned Upsidedown and I'd like to take a minute to sit right there......

Read June 29, 2008, 01:45:33 AM #1
Cyclone Titan

Re: I got a dog!!!

Awww, how sweet! And a bandana makes her more lovable. Since shes an Aussie, name her Shelia, the Australian name for girl.

CT

Read June 29, 2008, 02:10:26 AM #2
PlasticMaster

Well, she doesn't have a bandanna now, that was just maybe when she had her picture taken for the shelter. And since we didn't want to completely modify her name, Cally is a perfect name for her. HAPPY

Now this is a story all about how my life got flip turned Upsidedown and I'd like to take a minute to sit right there......

Read June 29, 2008, 03:52:29 AM #3
AK-47

I have a dog named Callan!

Ooooooh, shiny! Want!
          HAIL ORB THINGY

Read June 29, 2008, 03:23:43 PM #4
PlasticMaster

Well I'm getting her in about maybe 1 hour and 30 minutes.... HAPPY I'll edit pics into this post. Just one thing to tell you guys about her, SHE'S SUPER HYPER!!! Lol.

Read June 29, 2008, 03:58:21 PM #5
AK-47

Sheep dogs and the like have huge attention spans, they have been known to watch a dripping faucet for more than 4 hours MUSTGET thinking something important might happen, like the faucet will explode :P

Ooooooh, shiny! Want!
          HAIL ORB THINGY

Read June 29, 2008, 04:32:01 PM #6
PlasticMaster

Na, she's so hyper that she can't keep her nose out of anything. She's smart also. Doesn't bark, and is a great watchdog!

Here are some pictures of her: http://flickr.com/photos/25618305@N06/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 07:19:05 PM by PlasticMaster »

Read July 07, 2008, 06:52:09 PM #7
Emperor VBBN

I've got 2 dogs. They are the best dogs EVER in my opinion. Except one got her head stuck in a pylaster....

Cute dog. Both of my dogs are humane society dogs.

Announcements: Site shut down. The staff are going to work on it's major updates.

Read July 08, 2008, 12:00:17 AM #8
AK-47

Pylaster? My dog is a purebread, and boy was she expensive :P

Ooooooh, shiny! Want!
          HAIL ORB THINGY

Read July 08, 2008, 12:28:23 AM #9
PlasticMaster

No offense, but I don't like pure breeds. They get sick to much. Well, we learned 1 thing today with her. No sprinklers. She drank to much and peed allover. :(

Read July 08, 2008, 01:13:28 PM #10
Emperor VBBN

Pylaster? My dog is a purebread, and boy was she expensive :P
Cement railings for large concrete patios like mine. I don't like purebreeds eathier, as they get hip problems later on in life.

I have Germen Sheapard/Bull mastiff mix
and a Lab-Retriever mix.

Announcements: Site shut down. The staff are going to work on it's major updates.

Read July 08, 2008, 04:18:23 PM #11
PlasticMaster

Hmmmm. Hip problems is EXACTLY, I mean exactly what my grandpa's purebred Lab got (along with diabetes). :( She still is 1 of the smartest dogs I know though.

Read July 08, 2008, 09:35:17 PM #12
AK-47

Actually, purebreds live longer, as they come from a good breeder, and get sick less, as they were bread to do exactly that. Mines ten and she has no hip problems at all, so maybe thats only for a specific type of dog, as right now the statement "all purebreds have hip problems in later life" sounds a bit weird and it is a false statement.

Ooooooh, shiny! Want!
          HAIL ORB THINGY

Read July 08, 2008, 10:08:14 PM #13
PlasticMaster

But you have to take care of purebreds perfectly, that's the snag. If you don't take care of them properly, well I don't even want to go there.....

Oh here are some pictures:

No, she is not a weird 6-legged creature. That's just my brother.

And 1 more:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 10:12:44 PM by PlasticMaster »

Read July 28, 2008, 12:52:20 PM #14
Cyclone Titan

I too have a pure breed but she barks like crazy! So I kinda prefer dogs from the shelter.

But thats a cute dog, PC!

Mac Cyclone Titan

Pages: [1] 2
Jump to:  

Theme by Webtechnica.net
MySQL PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.2 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC XHTML 1.0 CSS