The LEGO Zone.
The LEGO Zone.
Advanced Search
April 29, 2024, 02:27:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the News Forum for info about the Memberships Rewards Program!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Read August 18, 2008, 09:01:01 PM #0
Emperor VBBN

Set reiew: Droid gunship

Set Name: Droid Gunship Platform
Number: 7678
Pieces: 329
Bought from: Wal*mart
Price: $29.99, (I got mine for $25)

When I first saw the blurry prelim pic of this set, I knew I had to have it. It was simply awesome, and It was my second favorite vehical of the droid faction in the star wars saga. One thing saddened me however: LEGO was choosing to make the new one, Called the Droid Gunship Platform. THEY DIDN"T MAKE THE MAF!

HMP Droid Gunship:

MAF Droid Gunship:

Now as you can see, they have some similarities, but the MAF has mor of a cockpit, and was the original Droid gunship. Instead they made the HMP Droid Gunship, which feaures a somewhat disfferent design.

On to the review.

Here we have the box. It is really shiny, and smooth, and fits the set's size okay. It has a clean, bright look, and is truley outstanding.

The back of the box, which has the features of the set, as well as the other three CW sets.

The contents(These two pics were at my grandma's house.)

The siticker sheet. No to bad, and the stickers have clear backs, which is always nice.

Instructions

Here we have the figs(two new droids and one older armed droid for the cockpit), and the extra parts.

The build starts with the flat base. Pretty simple.

The bottom.

The side lasers.

Next is the head:

It starts pretty soild.

The side buble laser turrets. Loveing the detail.

On the ship:

The "lid" and eyes.

The finished cockpit.

Cozy interior... Would have had more room if it were the MAF though. :sceptic:

The front landing gear. Simple and effective. :classic:

The back landing gear.

The rockets. The clips are annoying. But it make the rockets work so, I guess it was nessecary.

Mounted on the bottom. Not very secure, but that's why they are meant to be dropped on the clones.... :devil:  :tongue:

The finished ship.

---------------------------------------------

Let me say that the droid gunship is a nice set indeed. I am not to fond of the rocket dropping mechanism, as it makes the rockets look silly. The detail in the front end is beautiful! But the small cockpit isn't the greatest. I would have prefered the MAF's cockpit instead. Overall, it is mildly recommended.

Final rating: 86%

Hope you enjoyed the review! Please, if you have a ny questions, pic requests, etc, then by all means, ask! :classic:

Best Regards,
VBBN

Announcements: Site shut down. The staff are going to work on it's major updates.

Read August 18, 2008, 10:13:56 PM #1
Republic Commando Sev

Re: Set reiew: Droid gunship

Thank you for the review! It looks good, and I want to get it! Does it look too thin? I was worried about that. Thanks.
Sev

The Clones Are Coming.........

Read August 18, 2008, 10:45:08 PM #2
Emperor VBBN

No, not really. At first it seems slightly thin, but it get's better as time goes on. :)

Announcements: Site shut down. The staff are going to work on it's major updates.

Read August 19, 2008, 12:14:19 PM #3
Lord Trionx

I was thinking about getting this set, but I want to get one CIS set and I think I like the spider droid better... Unsure

Read August 19, 2008, 01:15:44 PM #4
Emperor VBBN

If I were you, I would probably get this, and then wait until the spider droid goes on sale, or vise-versa. It's a hard choice between the two.

Read August 19, 2008, 02:54:29 PM #5
Lord Trionx

If I were you, I would probably get this, and then wait until the spider droid goes on sale, or vise-versa. It's a hard choice between the two.
I'll probably get this set. (I don't have a TRU near me, and my mom doesn't like going into them, so my getting the SSD is slim. :P) And get the minifigs for the SSD.

Read August 19, 2008, 06:46:27 PM #6
Republic Commando Sev

I want the SSD or this, and I'll probably get htis, jsut because it's a better deal. I want Commander Fox though...... MUSTGET
Sev

The Clones Are Coming.........

Read August 22, 2008, 09:50:48 PM #7
Iatos teh stalker :P

THANK YOU. I just couldn't make up my mind between this or the spider droid. Now I know that I'm DEFINATELY getting this.  :) I still want the spider droid, but I'll just put that on my christmas list.

"It never was and never will be, don't you know how you've betrayed me? And somehow you've got everybody fooled..."

Read August 23, 2008, 09:05:34 PM #8
Emperor VBBN

No problem. :)

And what's with the name change Iatos, ermm, Republic Commando Scorch?

And how he heck do you cange your name on here? I forgot to register as General VBBN.

Read August 24, 2008, 12:29:06 AM #9
Lord Trionx

No problem. :)

And what's with the name change Iatos, ermm, Republic Commando Scorch?

And how he heck do you cange your name on here? I forgot to register as General VBBN.

Look in the profile section. It should be there.

Read August 24, 2008, 12:51:07 AM #10
Emperor VBBN

Look in the profile section. It should be there.
Yep. Thanks!

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Theme by Webtechnica.net
MySQL PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.2 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC XHTML 1.0 CSS