The LEGO Zone.
The LEGO Zone.
Advanced Search
April 23, 2024, 07:10:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the News Forum for info about the Memberships Rewards Program!
Poll: Should we change the focus of the site?
Poll Results Should we change the focus of the site?
Yes -  8 (80%)
No -  2 (20%)
Total Voters: 10
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Read August 27, 2008, 11:58:30 PM #0
Lord Trionx

New Direction?

I was thinking of turning the site to a new direction, we haven't been doing that well, plus there seem to be 50+ other LEGO sites. :P

So what I'm asking is should we change the focus of the site? And if so, do you have a suggestion?

Read August 28, 2008, 01:17:28 AM #1
Emperor VBBN

Re: New Direction?

You mean non-LEGO? It might turn off a few members, but it's cool with me.

Announcements: Site shut down. The staff are going to work on it's major updates.

Read August 28, 2008, 01:58:49 AM #2
PlasticMaster

The problem is that this is the only chat place for LEGO that is for my age... Eurobricks didn't go so well with an 11 year old... :( Maybe if me and a few other members made a set review station and more topics about new sets and old sets it would work.

Now this is a story all about how my life got flip turned Upsidedown and I'd like to take a minute to sit right there......

Read August 28, 2008, 02:05:55 AM #3
AK-47

Yes, we don't talk about LEGO at all, really. If we change direction maybe have a LEGO forum, with sub-forums like Licsensed- Come here to talk about Star Wars, Indy, ect.!, LEGO talk- Discuss all LEGO news reviews, and Mocs here!, and Non-Licsensed- Come here to discuss universes LEGO has created!

Pretty good eh'! ^_^ I think there good enough to use anyway...

~Ak

Read this Plastic Master!

Ooooooh, shiny! Want!
          HAIL ORB THINGY

Read August 28, 2008, 02:09:53 AM #4
skulblaka

Lord Trionx. Have you tryed to tell everyone you know that likes LEGO about this site? then tell them to tell thier friends about this site. But I do think that it is a good idea. HAPPY

Nuke skublaka Nuke
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 02:11:41 AM by skublaka »

humanity will end in the year 2060.
so will my dumpy little hut in the middle of nowhere.
The EVE is split in to four factions then three blood lines for each faction. The story of the games is that the EVE was a worm hole that is now lost in space (the origenl battle field for the begining of the war) The EVE portal transported humans to a new part in space. They prospered. Then the portal closed and humanity started to crumble. Filnaly after over 300 years humanity was back into war. Costomize your character and help win the war for your faction!

Read August 28, 2008, 02:10:58 AM #5
PlasticMaster

I'd be fine if we keep all that we have now, but just shove all LEGO related stuff that can go into sub-forum/child-forum(s) and make it also a just normal chat thing with whatever themes you want.

Here's what It could look like:

LEGO
Talk about LEGO Here! Child Forums: Licensed LEGO, Space, ECT.

Indy
Talk about Indiana Jones here!

And so on.  :)

Now this is a story all about how my life got flip turned Upsidedown and I'd like to take a minute to sit right there......

Read August 28, 2008, 02:12:59 AM #6
skulblaka

I'd be fine if we keep all that we have now, but just shove all LEGO related stuff that can go into sub-forum/child-forum(s) and make it also a just normal chat thing with whatever themes you want.

Here's what It could look like:

LEGO
Talk about LEGO Here! Child Forums: Licensed LEGO, Space, ECT.

Indy
Talk about Indiana Jones here!

And so on.  :)

Yes, yes I can see that.

Nuke skublaka Nuke
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 02:16:13 AM by skublaka »

humanity will end in the year 2060.
so will my dumpy little hut in the middle of nowhere.
The EVE is split in to four factions then three blood lines for each faction. The story of the games is that the EVE was a worm hole that is now lost in space (the origenl battle field for the begining of the war) The EVE portal transported humans to a new part in space. They prospered. Then the portal closed and humanity started to crumble. Filnaly after over 300 years humanity was back into war. Costomize your character and help win the war for your faction!

Read August 28, 2008, 12:32:16 PM #7
Lord Trionx

PlasticMaster, that's what I was thinking of doing. :P

What I was thinking was making a site that's a combination of GeekDad.com and ReasonablyClever.com. (With other stuff mixed in.) So I would keep a LEGO section, but just add more to the site. :)

Read August 28, 2008, 10:02:46 PM #8
PlasticMaster

PERFECT!!!! =D I didn't understand that list you did though....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 10:14:22 PM by PlasticMaster »

Read August 29, 2008, 01:09:45 PM #9
Lord Trionx

PERFECT!!!! =D I didn't understand that list you did though....
List?

Read August 29, 2008, 09:38:38 PM #10
PlasticMaster

Yeah. When I said my list and you said that's what you said I understood it.... Unsure HAPPY

Read August 29, 2008, 11:10:58 PM #11
Heartless Sword

I like the idea of this site but i do agree that it would be even cooler with Indiana Jones and stuff like that. The idea of stuff like Geekdad.com and other site like that would be awesome.
but can I suggest a brainteaser/jokes and riddles topic where we could post stuff kind of like http://brainden.com/ just an idea.

sorry i meant it like that but put in forum not topic.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 01:22:01 PM by Heartless Sword »

Read August 30, 2008, 01:08:59 PM #12
Lord Trionx

I like the idea of this site but i do agree that it would be even cooler with Indiana Jones and stuff like that. The idea of stuff like Geekdad.com and other site like that would be awesome.
but can I suggest a brainteaser/jokes and riddles forum where we could post stuff kind of like http://brainden.com/ just an idea.
I topic would be fine, but I think a whole forum is too much. :P

I made my choice about the site, but I have to go now, so you won't find out until tomorrow at the latest!  Bwahahahhahahaahah!!! Lord Trionx Bwahahahhahahaahah!!!

Read August 31, 2008, 01:50:45 AM #13
Iatos teh stalker :P

Plasticmaster, I like your thinking. Simple but effective.

I can't really think of anything, myself. We've been attracting a slow but steady stream of members.

"It never was and never will be, don't you know how you've betrayed me? And somehow you've got everybody fooled..."

Read August 31, 2008, 12:52:43 PM #14
Lord Trionx

OK, here's what I thought:

I was thinking about how most of our advertising is done on popular LEGO forums, and that changing the focus of this site would draw more people in.

However, that would cause a few problems (there would be a million forums to go through, I wouldn't know what to put in etc.) so what I'm going to do is keep the site a LEGO one, but I'm going to use a  few ideas I had.

However, since I have a few things to work out before I can start working on this, you probably won't see anything until 2009 :( I have a ton of stuff I need to get out of the way, but I think I'll be done with everything (including the site) by then.

Thanks everyone for voting. :)

Pages: [1] 2
Jump to:  

Theme by Webtechnica.net
MySQL PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.2 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC XHTML 1.0 CSS