The LEGO Zone.
The LEGO Zone.
Advanced Search
March 29, 2024, 12:05:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the News Forum for info about the Memberships Rewards Program!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Read September 12, 2008, 12:25:58 AM #0
Iatos teh stalker :P

Iatos/scorch's Onua Newva review

Srry, no pictures. My camera died a couple months ago. :( Oh, well. I do have him right here with me as I write this review. Hey, no, onua, you can't write this. This is MY topic, and-ack! hey, stop that! I rejasgjxd-d-I am in control now. So listen, you. I rock. i am awesome. Onua rule-hey, NO! NO, GETTFTYlkdfgj-urk-Ah, there we go. He's unconsious now, so he shouldn't be a bother anymore. Okay, so here we go.

Presentation:

Intersting fact: I have at least 1 of every bionicle canister line ever made, and I tested it. This canister is, by far, the HARDEST TO OPEN PEICE OF MYZZLFRYZZLING CRUD EVER! Ugh. Even after you cut open the sticker thingies running along both sides, it's seriously near impossible, the way it's made.

So under the actual lid you find that the rest of the canister is constructed the same as teh phantoka ones, exept for a place for the ignika on the lid to go.

The presentation of the set is overall well layed out, showing onua posed with his gun. The lid is dark gray, as with chirox's frame-thingy.

Building onua:

Well, it was interesting to see what kind of peices spilled out onto my living room floor when, after much pulling and muffled swearing, I finnaly managed to open the canister. Only 3 gray peices, and everything else was mostly black or silver(silver limbs, yay! =D ), with a few red tidbits.

This set turned out to have a couple peices that one wouldn't expext to see in a canister set, some more titan-used peices. Also, maxilos' trend of mask w/ seperate axel is used here, which I find totally pointless, as masks like that always look a little crokked.

So yeah, I'd say this was a fun set to build. The usual for a can set.

The actual set:

Well, the first thing I'd like to say about this guy once completed is-oh, hold on a minute, he's waking up. BACK! BACK! Hah, take THAT! And THAT! BAD Onua, BAD, BAD, BA-ouch! Geez, that-waak!-oh, cr
-One day I will kill Tahu, AND lewa, AND gali, just for good measure. And then I will have two remaining toa to do my bidding! WAHAHAHAHA-hey, no! ACK! He's getting back up, he's...oh son-of-a-HA! Okay, sorry about that.

So anyway, onua is an interesting set. Like his mask, his body doesn't seem to be any particular form, it's just sort of..."shapes". However, I like this set. He is overall very stable, although I think mantax feet may have been a better choice than hewwki mahri feet here. His gun is very cool, tricked-out with a snug armor plate an lazer scope. However, a second weapon would've been nice. The shoulder-sheild thing is completely useles.

Earth-guys in bionicle used to be short. Not this guy, heck no. He towers above pohatu newva, and it is obvious that the designers were thinking along the same lines as with nuparu mahri when they made him, as there is a definate resemblance here.

So overall, I give this set an 8.7 out of 10. The pros:
*Good poseability
*several new peices
*The new nyrahh weapon is very cool
*SILVER LIMBS!!! =D

Cons:
*Higher price than canisters before it
*some problems with stability
*Nyrahh ammo falls out constantly

So yeah, I'd say it's definately worth the buy, even if he does try and take over what I'm writi-hey, stop! OW! Why you little
-How DARE you give me less than a 10?!ONUA WILL KILL YOUR CHIRLDRENNNNNN!!! BWAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I-oh, not again-Okay, I gotta go sedate him now, thanks for reading! I hope this helped you decide wether to buy him or not. :)

"It never was and never will be, don't you know how you've betrayed me? And somehow you've got everybody fooled..."

Read September 12, 2008, 06:30:16 PM #1
skulblaka

Re: Iatos/scorch's Onua Newva review

Awsome!

humanity will end in the year 2060.
so will my dumpy little hut in the middle of nowhere.
The EVE is split in to four factions then three blood lines for each faction. The story of the games is that the EVE was a worm hole that is now lost in space (the origenl battle field for the begining of the war) The EVE portal transported humans to a new part in space. They prospered. Then the portal closed and humanity started to crumble. Filnaly after over 300 years humanity was back into war. Costomize your character and help win the war for your faction!

Read September 14, 2008, 07:48:19 PM #2
Ta Komua

Bad Onua. Die!...... i dont have one......... wah! sounds cool though. cant wait.

Sadly, this site is closed. If you wish to contact me, download Grand Chase mmo and try to come on when multi does. I can also be contacted on my site, which is in my profile; as well as takovu@live.com or takomua2@hotmail.com. Also pm me on LotP if you chose to go there. Iatos old site: z3.invisionfree.com/lair of the piraka (my iPod doesnt do underscore)

Read October 09, 2008, 02:35:05 PM #3
skulblaka

Aww. Onua is soooooo cute! Blush Ahh! what the *censord* Now he's killing me to! onua stop it! ow! thats my throat! Good report ITS!!! NO! die, Die, DIE!!! Gakk! My last thoughts: I love you onua! Unsure Wait. No... I hate you!!! Skull
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 02:37:14 PM by skulblaka »

humanity will end in the year 2060.
so will my dumpy little hut in the middle of nowhere.
The EVE is split in to four factions then three blood lines for each faction. The story of the games is that the EVE was a worm hole that is now lost in space (the origenl battle field for the begining of the war) The EVE portal transported humans to a new part in space. They prospered. Then the portal closed and humanity started to crumble. Filnaly after over 300 years humanity was back into war. Costomize your character and help win the war for your faction!

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Theme by Webtechnica.net
MySQL PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.2 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC XHTML 1.0 CSS